The Health Council in Malmö requested by letter to the city council 1890-11-14 that measures had to be taken for the establishment of a public slaughterhouse, where all slaughter within the city should be placed, as well as for introduction of mandatory inspection of everything from others place for sale incoming meat. The city council appointed a committee to investigate the matter from 1891-02-06. On this committee's proposal, the city council reserved 183-03-03 empty land east of the quarter Exhibition in the East Harbor area, next to the place of the cattlesquare day´s with the stables of the housekeeping company and the city's scale house. The question was then rested in wait for the law obout slaughterhouse- and meatinspectionforce. This law concerning meat inspection and slaughterhouses was issued 1897-12-22.